Ipas Ethiopia is an international non-profit organization working to improve women’s lives with focus on reproductive health. Ipas’s mission is to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights and reduce abortion related morbidity and mortality. The key programmatic and strategic directions that guide the organization’s functions include:
- Expand access to safe abortion and contraceptive’ services to women, especially young women, and improve quality of care in both public and private health sectors
- Increase sustainable supply of abortion related technologies, particularly MVA and medical abortion
- Expand women’s and young women’s awareness of their options and their ability to prevent and manage unwanted pregnancy
- To create an enabling environment for comprehensive abortion care and contraceptive services and increase commitment and resources by stakeholders.
In light of the need to strengthen our relationship with stakeholders and expedite programme implementation, we are planning to hire the following position.
Job Title: Reproductive Health Technologies Logistics Advisor
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Reported to: Country Director
Terms of employment: One year with possibilities for extension
Job Summary: The Senior Reproductive Health Technologies Logistics Advisor is responsible for the annual planning of Contraceptive Abortion Care (CAC) and Comprehensive Contraceptive (CC) commodities to fill the supply gap for the country office target facilities. Responsible for the required reproductive health commodities that are needed by the facilities are procured and ensure distribution to Ipas target regions and facilities. Furthermore, involved in building the capacity of pharmacy personnel in Ipas target facilities to facilitate the availability of reproductive health technologies in the system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform annual planning for required Reproductive Health (RH) commodities for the country office program;
- In collaboration with regional coordinators, work in the regional distribution of RH commodities to Ipas target facilities;
- Support availability of Manual Vacuum Aspirations (MVA)and Medical Abortion(MA) by ensuring that all conditions exist for Ipas country office to meet programmatic objectives;
- Work to ensure that there is no stock out for MVA and MA drugs supply in the country in coordination with the relevant stakeholders and also seek to increase the knowledge and utilization of these technologies;
- Support the public health system in filling the gap to necessary and essential medical equipment and medical supplies to meet programmatic objectives;
- Involve in providing training to pharmacy and procurement personnel in public health facilities regarding the Reproductive Health Technologies as a capacity building and facilitation of the availability of these commodities in the Health System.
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy or related fields
- Proficiency in Logistics Management
- 8 or more years of experience in Pharmacy and logistics Management, preferably in health and development organizations
- Good knowledge and technical skill of Reproductive Health products
- 3 or more years in a supervisory role and management experience
- Availability to travel 10%
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software required (MS Office Suite)
- Strong project management skills and the ability to track multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment