Ipas Ethiopia is an international non-profit organization working to improve women’s Iives with focus on reproductive health. Ipas’s mission is to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights and reduce abortion related morbidity and mortality. The key programmatic and strategic directions that guide the organization’s functions include:
- Expand access to safe abortion and contraceptive services to women, especially young women, and improve quality of care in both public and private health sectors
- Increase sustainable supply of abortion related technologies, particularly MVA and medical abortion
- Expand women’s and young women’s awareness of their options and their ability to prevent and manage unwanted pregnancy
- To create an enabling environment for comprehensive abortion care and contraceptive services and increase commitment and resources by stakeholders.
In light of the need to strengthen our relationship with stakeholders and expedite programme implementation, we are planning to hire the following position:-
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Reported to: Program Manager
Terms of employment: One year with possibilities for extension
The Program Coordinator provides program support in implementing training and service delivery strategies to expand access to comprehensive abortion care and contraceptive services. The position works closely with the programs team to assist health system advisors, regional coordinators, consultants and partners to plan and conduct training and other technical support provision to health facilities and systems. The position also involves in monitoring and follow up. The Program Coordinator also supports the Program Manager and team in planning, communicating and documenting results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Provides logistical and other support to the health system unit and Regional Coordinators in planning and conducting, workshops for providers, managers and others in Ipas supported regions.
- Coordinate the availability of training materials, medical equipment and IEC materials by working with Regional Coordinators to ensure provision of high quality comprehensive abortion and contraceptive care and increased utilization of services.
- Assist in developing work plan, budget and other relevant work schedules.
- Assist in preparing health system unit reports, including collating field visits, event summaries and other communications
- Assist in maintenance of database of trained providers and follow up system
- Coordinate procurement requests and liase with the purchase committee for purchases
- Facilitate distribution and tracking of equipment and supplies in collaboration with regional coordinators
- Work with all country team members to realize the country program- goals, objectives and priorities.
- Coordinate the preparation of periodic reports to government and donors
- Bachelor’s degree in health or relevant discipline preferred;
- 3 + years relevant experience in program coordination, preferably in reproductive health;
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
- Proficiency in report writing;
- Flexible, well organized, ability to prioritize and multi-task;
- Demonstrated team player with cross-cultural/language skills; and
- Demonstrated skill and experience on information communication technologies (ICT) and other audio visual materials is an asset.
Note: Ipas management reserves the right to modify the contents of this position description at any time.