Ipas Ethiopia is an international non-profit organization working to improve women’s lives with focus on reproductive health. lpas’s mission is to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights and reduce abortion related morbidity and mortality. The key programmatic and strategic directions that guide the organization’s functions include:
- Expand access to safe abortion and contraceptive services to women, especially young women, and improve quality of care in both public and private health sectors.
- Increase sustainable supply of abortion related technologies, particularly MVA and medical abortion
- Expand women’s and young women’s awareness of their options and their ability to prevent and manage unwanted pregnancy
- To create an enabling environment for comprehensive abortion care and contraceptive services and increase commitment and resources by stakeholders.
In light of the need to strengthen our relationship with stakeholders and expedite programme implementation, we are planning to hire the following position.
Job Title: Research and Evaluation Advisor
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Reported to: Senior Research and Evaluation Advisor
Terms of employment: One year with possibilities for extension
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical oversight on M & E activities at the country office.
- Participate in the development of project proposals
- Provide R&E analysis for donor, in-county national & regional reports and meetings
- Validate M&E data and provide flag off for any variances during report writing process
- Work with global NC staff in tool development, design and implementation of new global M&E system(Terra)
- Provide capability building trainings for country office on global M&E system users
- Follow all data quality is up to standard in the unit and ensure donor and country deadlines are met
- Follow any technical update and country office concerns about global M&E system and provide technical recommendation and follow its implementation
- Overview all M&E data (health system & community/advocacy) are entered, processed, cleaned and analyzed in a timely manner
- Participate in annual, bi-annual and quarter reports writing of donor and local agencies
- Provide direction of the implementation of M&E system including routine data collection
- Participate in planning process in the country office
- Provide technical support in research design, implementation, interpretation and dissemination of findings.
- Support the team in ensuring that all program data and events are promptly entered Perform other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in either Statistics, Sociology, Epidemiology, Demography or related fields
- 8 or more years of experience in research and evaluation required, preferably in health and development organizations
- Skills in statistics, data analysis and evaluation
- 3 or more years in a supervisory role and management experience
- Availability to travel 10%
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software required (MS Office Suite)
- Working knowledge of high level computer software packages for data analyses, as well as data interpretation and presentation
- Strong project management skills and the ability to track multiple projects and meet deadlines
Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment