External Vacancy Announcement
The ICRC is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The Economic Security Department (EcoSec) of The International Committee of the Red Cross Delegation in Ethiopia plays an active role within the Assistance Division, and is looking for a qualified candidate to fill up the following vacant position. The position is based in Harar.
Position Title: Veterinarian (Focus on Livestock Intervention)
• Participates in planning, implementation and monitoring of specific EcoSec projects (emergency response; livelihood support through livestock and agricultural projects; MEI- micro economic initiatives – income generating activities).
• Helps to understand and analyze the general situation and humanitarian issues around project locations.
• Provides reports and establish statistical data according to procedures and timelines.
• Participates in/ conduct field trips as part of a team, or individually (autonomously).
• Conduct assessment and participates in the project cycle.
• Participates/contributes to various internal reports (activity reports, weekly highlights, monthly and quarterly EcoSec reports).
• Represents the ICRC in relevant meetings, seminars and workshops on livestock, agriculture, and relief response.
• Performs administrative tasks according to internal procedures.
• Observes and follows the ICRC code of conduct.
Salary: As per the scale of the organization
Duty station: Harar