Vacancy AnnouncementETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCYPosition
: Junior Programmer AnalystTerm of Employment
: One year with possibility of extensionDuty Station(s)
: Addis AbabaRequired Number: OneSalary & Benefits
: CompetitiveApplication Deadline
: April 22, 2018BACKGROUND:
The Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) has been established by the Government of Ethiopia (GoE) to identify and address systemic bottlenecks to Ethiopia’s agricultural development. The Agency does this through problem-solving, implementation support, and capacity building of stakeholders involved in implementation of interventions that address the systemic bottlenecks. The Agency reports to the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources and is Secretary to the Transformation Council chaired by the Prime Minister. POSITION SUMMARY:
The programmatic focus of the Agency responds to a core set of needs identified by the Agricultural Transformation Council, chaired by the Prime Minister. Within the Agency, issues are divided into four different pillars: Production and Productivity which includes Inputs and Crop Protection, Livestock, Research and Extension, Mechanization and Rural Finance; Environmentally Sustainable and Inclusive Agricultural Growth including Sustainable Irrigation and Watershed Management, Sustainable Land Management, Gender and Nutrition, Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation, Targeted Livelihood Support, Biodiversity and (temporarily) Planning and MLE; Agribusiness and Markets including Market Services, Commercial and Contract Farming, Domestic & Export Market Development, and Cooperatives; and Enhanced Implementation Capacity which includes ICT for Agricultural Services, Private Sector in Agriculture, and Organizational and Human Resource Capacity. In addition, the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters Initiative is another critical focus area for the Agency. Across the programs, the ATA engages public, private and non-governmental stakeholders to support strategic planning, manage and strengthen implementation capacity and test innovative models.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The role of the programmer analyst is to plan, develop, test, document, support and maintain computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems. Evaluates user request for new or modified program, such as for financial, procurement, logistics and human resource management system or analyzing and developing specifications for design, to determine feasibility, cost and time required.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
This position will be the authority for all support, development and maintenance of web as well as client server applications, databases, and interfaces. Applicants are expected to be familiar with the latest and greatest web technologies and protocols.
- Support and maintain multiple existing software systems including ERP.
- Implement new software system, add new feature or modify the existing one based on user request or after conducting requirement analysis.
- Design different reports and visualization and integrate with database systems.
- Formulates plan outlining steps required to develop program, using structured analysis and design. And submits plans to user teams for approval.
- Prepares workflow or flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
- Designs different forms and program logic to accomplish goals of user request.
- Converts project specifications, using flowcharts and diagrams, into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages
- Web application design, development, and maintenance
- Sets standards for and reviews existing databases and web development projects
- Database development/administration/troubleshooting
- Maintain professional relationships and a high level of customer service with all personnel
- Designs database models and implements them; writes custom SQL queries.
- Integrates application front-ends with database back-ends.
- Website and intranet system administration.
- Create custom documentation and procedures.
- Contribute as a technical team member on IT projects managed by a Project Manager.
- Other duties as assigned