The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for a qualified candidate to fill Water and Habitat Engineer I position in the Water and Habitat Engineering Department. Place of work: Addis Ababa with frequent travel to regions.
Term of employment: fixed term contract (8 months)
Tentative start date: August 01, 2018.
• Assessment of the requirement for engineering projects in Prisons in Ethiopia to improve the living conditions of the detainees
• Design of engineering projects; water, sanitation, buildings to improve the living condition of detainees, including drawings and bills of quantities
• Planning of the implementation of engineering projects, including preparation of tender documents, project planning, organization of the procurement and delivery of construction materials and organization and supervision of construction labour and contractors
• Reporting verbally, and in writing and financially on projects under their management
• Representing the ICRC in meetings with Prison Authorities and other Government Authorities and with Commercial Companies, International Organisation and Non-Governmental Organisations that the ICRC water and habitat department collaborates with.